Click here to read the press release
Over the course of much of the month of June 2022, stakeholder feedback
was collected through electronic surveys, focus groups, key individual interviews,
and structured Board Member input.
The Fairfield (Conn.) Board of Education is seeking a Superintendent and invites qualified and interested candidates to apply. It is anticipated that the new superintendent will assume full responsibilities of the superintendency on Nov. 1, 2022. Cooperative Educational Services Executive Searches will facilitate the search. A full list of qualifications and duties can be found on the flyer found at www.cestrumbull.org/searches.
The links to the online survey that are below:
- English – https://www.ces.k12.ct.us/cf_forms/view.cfm?formID=290
- Arabic – https://www.ces.k12.ct.us/cf_forms/view.cfm?formID=293
- Portuguese – https://www.ces.k12.ct.us/cf_forms/view.cfm?formID=295
- Spanish – https://www.ces.k12.ct.us/cf_forms/view.cfm?formID=294
Superintendent Search Focus Groups
06/06/2022 – Monday, June 6th
- Students 10:00 AM, Zoom
06/07/2022 – Tuesday, June 7th
- FEA Union Leadership 4:00 PM Zoom
- PTA Parents 7:00 PM Zoom
06/08/2022 – Wednesday, June 8th
- Teachers 3:30 PM Zoom
06/09/2022 – Thursday, June 9th
- First Selectwoman 1:00 PM
- Union Leadership 3:30 PM Zoom
- Administrator Union Leadership 4:15 PM Zoom
06/13/2022 – Monday, June 13th
- Executive Directors 6:00 PM
- Community 7:00 PM In-Person RLMS
06/15/2022 – Wednesday, June 15th
- Town Leaders: BOF, BOS, RTM 7:00 PM Zoom
Completed application packets are comprised of the following:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications for position and interest in this specific position.
- Copy of updated, complete resume which includes a chronology of work history and educational background and a preferred email address and phone contact.
- Philosophies of Leadership and Management (no more than one page each).
- Copy of Connecticut 093 certification or evidence of eligibility.
- Copies of transcripts for all degrees held from all granting colleges/universities. Finalist candidates will be required to supply official transcripts.
- Three signed letters of reference from current or former employers and professional contacts. (Please limit reference letters to three letters written within the past year.)
Completed application packets are due via email to Cooperative Educational Services by 2 p.m. on June 30, 2022. Application packets MUST be submitted as ONE PDF file and emailed to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until a candidate is selected, but no later than the deadline above. All inquiries related to the open position should be directed to: Dr. Charles Dumais (203-365-8801 or [email protected]) or David B. Erwin (860-567-0863 ext. 1138 or [email protected]).
Cooperative Educational Services
CES, based in Trumbull, is one of six Regional Educational Service Centers (RESCs) established by the state legislature to provide supports and services to public school districts. CES operates a magnet school in Bridgeport, a large Special Education division, an early-learning center, and the Regional Center for the Arts, a part-time arts magnet high school serving students from throughout the region. Its Executive Searches division has helped schools and districts across Connecticut find new leaders. For more information about CES, visit www.cestrumbull.org or www.cestrumbull.org/searches to learn about the Executive Searches service.